ATMAC - No in-person client meetings
We are open and ready to assist you. However, until the COVID-19 pandemic is resolved and the government lifts the social distancing recommendations, there are a few changes to our business operations:
- We will not be doing any in-person client meetings.
- All patent clarity sessions, meetings and other consultations will be conducted over the phone or online utilizing video conferencing software such as Teams or Skype.
United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
The USPTO remains open, but they recognize that the COVID-19 outbreak is an emergency situation and are offering some relief:
- Some deadlines due within the period from March 27, 2020 to May 31, 2020 are extendable to June 1, 2020, provided that the delay in filing or payment was due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The applicant must submit a statement to that effect. See the USPTO's Notice of Extended Waiver published April 28, 2020.
- The USPTO is further waiving the petition to revive fee for applications that became abandoned on or before May 31, 2020, provided that the delay in filing or payment was due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The applicant must submit a statement to that effect. Again, see the Notice of Extended Waiver published April 28, 2020.
- Current USPTO notices related to COVID-19 are found at www.uspto.gov/coronavirus.
Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO)
CIPO remains open and in operation at this time, however clients should expect significant delays in all CIPO services.
- Most deadlines due within the period from March 16, 2020 to June 12, 2020 have now been extended to June 15, 2020. See CIPO's Update Notice published May 26, 2020.
- Current CIPO notices related to COVID-19 are found at http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cipointernet-internetopic.nsf/eng/wr04767.html.
Please note - the COVID-19 situation is very fluid, and changes come every day. The above information is subject to change at any time as the various government agencies dynamically respond to the global crisis.
Stay safe everyone!
- Andrew MacMillanContact us for more information